Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Basic Trust

One of the pieces of RIE that I love most is basic trust. In short, basic trust means that as a caregiver I trust the child to be the initiator of their own learning. Rather than leading so that they follow me, I let the child lead so that I may follow them.





With this in mind, much of my time during the day that is not devoted to basic needs is focused on observing the children and asking myself: What are they processing? What are they working on? What do they notice?





Currently we are noticing and processing our new environment and the new faces we find in that environment. Much of our day is spent watching one another. It's an exciting time. We are taking those first steps in building relationships.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment